Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Time to fight

The good warrior knows there is time to fight and time to retreat. I am not a good warrior because I fight much more than I retreat. In the war to realize my dreams, I rarely give up my principles and this makes me enter fights that I will obviously lose. However, if you do not give up on fighting you will eventually win and then you will be closer to your goals. Moreover, if your principles are fair, you will probably enter very few fights in which you do not have the weapons to win.

I know some people who are not good warriors either, but not because they fight always. Differently, they always retreat, even when they can certainly win a battle. Their excuse is usually related to the eventual wounds battles make on you (even those that you win). To avoid having to live with the scars, they surrender to the enemy, break their principles, and step away from their dreams. This brings about sadness and depression, which can hurt you way more than battle wounds because they take you from the inside out.

I never really understood this last behavior. In my simple-minded view, if you always fight you might eventually win whereas if you never fight, you will always lose.

And you? Are you a good warrior?

No comments: